Re: Ceramic artists

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
menichino (menichino)
Mon, 10 May 1999 21:54:31 -0400

Hi Marian --
I'm not sure how famous this potter is past our immediate boundaries, but
Wayne Higby makes some wonderful landscapish pottery and other interesting
forms. He's a professor as our nearby Alfred University. I looked at the
web under Alfred University and then under the faculty list. A web site
with a bio and pictures of some of his stuff is at
http://myscc.alfred.edu/art/profiles/html/higby.html
Liz in rural NY
(how do I get the web link to be in blue???)

----------
> From: One of the Colmans <colmans1>
> To: artsednet.edu
> Subject: Ceramic artists
> Date: Monday, May 10, 1999 9:09 PM
>
> I plan to assign a research project for my high school clay students for
the
> end of the term. I would like them to find a ceramic artist,
contemporary
> or otherwise, whose work they are attracted to. I plan to ask them to
write
> about the artist and his or her work. I expect them to make an oral
> presentation and to speak about what they find special about the artist's
> work and how they might feel connected to it. I am enlisting your help
in
> generating a list of names of potters that they could research. I am
> familiar with a few artists such as Maria Martinez, Paul Soldner and
Peter