RE: to Ai Lee about tiles

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Mon, 10 May 1999 09:01:03 -0500

Lynda and all, The Pebeo are very nice but they must be oven baked. One
that is getting a lot of attention (we showed finished pieces at NAEA in DC)
is the Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel. It is great and there is no heat setting
required. It is non-toxic and you simply brush your design on it and let it
dry. It is dishwasher and microwave safe and the results are really good.
Both the Pebeo and the Delta are listed on p.401 in the 99 Sax catalog. The
Delta is a set of 14 diff colors, product #629-5801 $36.95 and the Pebeo is
a set of 10 and you must heat at 300 degrees for 30-35 min.,
product#621-0033 $39.95. Hope this helps. Judy

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynda Brothers Matthew [brosart]
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 1999 11:47 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: to Ai Lee about tiles

Hi Ai Lee,

There are some really good ceramic paints by Pebeo that you can just paint
on any glass or glazed ceramic surface. To set the paints you just have to
put the painted project in the kitchen oven, I think at about 250, for 1/2
hour (read instructions, my memory isn't very exact on these things). So
you could really do some nice tiles to put around the art room.

Lynda