Re: coathanger tubes?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Mon, 10 May 1999 08:28:43 -0400

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> Okay...I've got a trash/treasure product that's leaving me scratchin' my
> head. I got many, many of those thin cardboard tubes that come in
> coathangers. You know...the kind that you use when you want to hang a pair
> of pants on and not get "wire-lines" on your pants. I've got maybe 300 of
> these suckers and I'm not wantin' to let 'em go because I know I'll think
> of SOMETHING someday. Yep...I could do wall-hangings with them but that
> sounds sorta blah. Can anyone think of a unique role for these babies?
> Toodles.......
>
> Bunki Kramer
Hey Bunki,
Of course my first thought were scrolls but true you can only do so
many. I like some of the ideas you've gotten but I have a few too.
One would be on doing a unit of architecture you could use them as
the sides of many of the huts and dwellings from around the world,
also you could use them in the same principals of architecture>
suspension bridges. as the base and then again on different types of
bridges by utilizing them for the sides too. What about also using
them as some sort of slide whistle. And speaking of sliding it might
be a creative invention lesson using them in some sort of sliding
criteria in a lesson. So the activity would stipulate that their
creation must in some way be mobile. Create Calder's earlier mobile
stabiles, I guess they were more of a mechanical mobile.
Sandra
P.S. I still like scrolls. So take it one step further and you could
use them for making tent
bases that material could be draped over> As in CALDERS circus!!!!!