Re: Pie plate stepping stones

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
L. Conrad (martay)
Fri, 7 May 1999 22:23:01 -0000

Ann Marie,
I just did this- for our newly created courtyard! Here's the trick- Get
clear contact paper- cut to size peel off so sticky side is up. You can
place this over a design created. If using tiles with color on one side you
have to make sure the colored side is to the sticky side. Colored glass
pieces or chunks work well because you can see what the design is as you
go. Then put that in the bottom of the pie plate. Mix sac-crete thin- pour
over your design and tap LIGHTLY. When you flip it out peel off the contact
paper and tada! I used plastic molds but tins should work. I also got pre
mixed stuff "for" stones but I'm told to use (Ithink it's called) mortar?
to cover the tiles then while it's wet add regular concrete onto that-
makes it stronger. Mine turned out great- let me know how you make out!
Good Luck! Lori