Re: found objects: wire

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Elizabeth Stroud (stroud0718)
Fri, 07 May 1999 15:12:31 -0400

We just completed a unit on wire and metal sculpture after having the
artist Augie N'Kele visit our school. His materials include aluminum
gutter guard, wire screen, mesh, bailing wire, and electric fence wire. I
purchased all of these items at the hardware store with grant money. (I
wrote the grant to cover the artist and materials.) When we started
running low on wire, some students who had horses brought in the heavy wire
that binds a bale of hay, coat hangers, picture hanging wire, etc... The
shortage inspired creativity in all of us. The pieces were great because
of the wide variety of wires used. Hope this helps.