RE: fabric crayons

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Fri, 7 May 1999 14:04:55 -0500

Mary, Marianna is absolutely right about the 100% cotton. Blends do work
better. Judy

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: marianna Delafield [mdelafield@cfu-cybernet.net]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 1999 1:32 PM
To: artsednet.edu; Mary F. Holmgren
Subject: Re: fabric crayons

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary F. Holmgren <mholmgren>
To: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 9:16 AM
Subject: fabric crayons

>Do any of you have experience with crayola fabric crayons? I used to use
them for doing t-shirts when I did summer camps--you draw on paper, then
iron the desings onto the shirts. I don't remember any problems. Our
kindegarten kids at my school did t-shirts in this fashion--our PTO had
purchased shirts for each child, and they all did drawings for their shrits,
related to our school ocean theme. They looked great. Now--people
arecoming back saying that at the first washing, the colors are all coming
out. Even when they wash them in cold water, and drip dry. Has this
happened to anyone else? Is there something else that could be done to
prevent it? I feel terrible, as it was my idea to do the t-shirts in this
way.

>Mary H.
>

>Lightspan Ed-Mail: The free e-mail solution for your school and community.
>Join today at http://www.edmail.com.

Were the shirts possibly 100% cotton. Fabric crayons have more color
fastness on fabric that has some polyester in it. The colors are also
brighter initially when they are used on a blend fabric.
Marianna