Re: Getty discussion Group

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lindsborg Arts Council (lindsart)
Fri, 7 May 1999 11:53:14 -0500

Kim, there are a number of great quality art project that can
be done as a literature integration project. Use the books as your
guides. Have them do collages with Ezra Jack Keats, watercolors
with a watercolor illustrator, etc. I am in the process of creating art/lit
tubs with games, art projects, books, etc. L in KS

----------
> From: Mcracker
> To: artsednet.edu
> Cc: byerlysk
> Subject: Fwd: Getty discussion Group
> Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 8:41 AM
>
> In a message dated 5/5/99 9:35:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
> byerlysk writes:
>
> << ey Marcia,
>
> I need to ask a question and get a reasonably good amount of answers in
> short time (1 week). Is the Getty discussion group a good place to go?
If
> so, do you know the URL? If not, who could I go to?
>
> I have been hired to do a staff development in a public library that
will
> aid them in providing "good quality" art integration with their summer
> reading program.
>
> My question is this: Ideally, what should the public library be
> providing by way of arts (and/or crafts?) to enhance the reading
program.

> In the past, the programs have involved making crafts from paper
> plates...(you know the stuff) and the administration wants to make the
> whole program more solid and sound, by cutting out the rinky-dink stuff.
>
> What kind of impression do you think the parents have of art when their
> children come home with these "art" projects? What about the kids?
What
> are the up and down sides of providing a craft opportunity at the public
> libraries for children ages 3-13?
>

> Do you think I could get something going with this? I would like a
broad
> range of responses so I can present many ideas in a handout format.

> Your assistance and opinions are appreciated!
> Thanks,
> Kim
>
> Hey, BTW, I just finished my book of the month swap and finally am
really
> happy with my work. Grateful it is done and sent out too! :) I am
sending
> one to Karen as a surprise so maybe you can check it out up there!!!
> So MUCH Art...So little Time.

Thanks!