RE: fabric crayons

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Fri, 7 May 1999 09:42:00 -0500

Mary, Did you wash the shirts before ironing the design on? Most shirts
have a sizing that should be removed by washing before dyeing with anything.
This could be your problem if you didn't do that. Also this particular
product works best on white shirts. Judy

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary F. Holmgren [mholmgren]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 1999 9:14 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: fabric crayons

Do any of you have experience with crayola fabric crayons? I used to use
them for doing t-shirts when I did summer camps--you draw on paper, then
iron the desings onto the shirts. I don't remember any problems. Our
kindegarten kids at my school did t-shirts in this fashion--our PTO had
purchased shirts for each child, and they all did drawings for their shrits,
related to our school ocean theme. They looked great. Now--people
arecoming back saying that at the first washing, the colors are all coming
out. Even when they wash them in cold water, and drip dry. Has this
happened to anyone else? Is there something else that could be done to
prevent it? I feel terrible, as it was my idea to do the t-shirts in this
way.

Mary H.

Lightspan Ed-Mail: The free e-mail solution for your school and community.
Join today at http://www.edmail.com.