Fwd: Getty discussion Group

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mcracker
Fri, 7 May 1999 09:41:23 EDT

--part1_34e93600.24644783_boundary

byerlysk writes:

<< ey Marcia,

I need to ask a question and get a reasonably good amount of answers in a
short time (1 week). Is the Getty discussion group a good place to go? If
so, do you know the URL? If not, who could I go to?

I have been hired to do a staff development in a public library that will
aid them in providing "good quality" art integration with their summer
reading program.

My question is this: Ideally, what should the public library be
providing by way of arts (and/or crafts?) to enhance the reading program.

In the past, the programs have involved making crafts from paper
plates...(you know the stuff) and the administration wants to make the
whole program more solid and sound, by cutting out the rinky-dink stuff.

What kind of impression do you think the parents have of art when their
children come home with these "art" projects? What about the kids? What
are the up and down sides of providing a craft opportunity at the public
libraries for children ages 3-13?

Do you think I could get something going with this? I would like a broad
range of responses so I can present many ideas in a handout format.

Your assistance and opinions are appreciated!
Thanks,
Kim

Hey, BTW, I just finished my book of the month swap and finally am really
happy with my work. Grateful it is done and sent out too! :) I am sending
one to Karen as a surprise so maybe you can check it out up there!!!
So MUCH Art...So little Time.