RE: Recycling clay- fungus and throats

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Michelle H. Harrell (mmhar)
Thu, 06 May 1999 13:25:34 PDT

Linda- Maybe NC does have something weird in the clay or air because the
friend of mine who said she felt hoarse and sick was in NC, too! There is
even some kind of fungus that has air-borne spores that can be deadly. I
don't remember what source I heard that from. About preventing mold, I now
keep clay covered tightly when in the buckets. Mold will grow on clay when
it's exposed to air for long periods of time(I think- I'm not the expert).
The dust that comes from dry clay is as bad for you to inhale as asbestos.
There's no telling what makes us throats sore with all of the fumes, dust,
and fungi we deal with from day to day.
Michelle