African Video

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
S. Henneborn (heneborn)
Thu, 06 May 1999 10:29:12 -0600

When I choose materials for the classroom I favor information that draws
parallels between contemporary art and artists and the traditional art as it
relates to the cultural heritage. Looking forward to the completion of your
exciting video!

>Date: Sun, 3 May 2099 18:32:53 -0400
From: "Linda Kelty" <lckelty>
Subject: African Video
The approach we are planning is to present the material not only
>in its original and traditional form, but also how it has evolved in>recent
times, and where it fits in to the life of the modern, urbanised,>westernised
African, so we will deal with process as well as cultural>background.
contemporary artists drawing paralells between
their work and traditional African art, discussions by children about the
meaning of their work in relation to their cultural heritage.