African Video

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
S. Henneborn (heneborn)
Thu, 06 May 1999 10:29:12 -0600

Linda,
When I choose materials for the classroom I favor information that draws
parallels between contemporary art and artists and the traditional art as it
relates to the cultural heritage. Looking forward to the completion of your
exciting video!
Sharon
NJ

>Date: Sun, 3 May 2099 18:32:53 -0400
From: "Linda Kelty" <lckelty>
Subject: African Video
The approach we are planning is to present the material not only
>in its original and traditional form, but also how it has evolved in>recent
times, and where it fits in to the life of the modern, urbanised,>westernised
African, so we will deal with process as well as cultural>background.

contemporary artists drawing paralells between
their work and traditional African art, discussions by children about the
meaning of their work in relation to their cultural heritage.