RE: my repousse question revisited....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fields, Linda (
Thu, 6 May 1999 10:07:37 -0400

When my craft class did this, we coated the finished pieces with India ink,
let it dry, then buffed off the high points with very fine steel wool-it
gave an "antiqued" look. Linda in NC

From: Sharon Hause
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 1999 10:44 AM
To: lindacharlie;
Subject: Re: my repousse question revisited....

You can color metal by using sharpie permanent markers. Dark values

can be optained by coloring directly with the marker. Softer, or
lighter color value is optained by gently rubbing the area with a
tissue immediately after coloring, while the marker is still wet.
can only do a small section at a time since the marker dries
Students can also mix and blend colors by overlapping two color and
blending with tissue.

>From: lindacharlie <lindacharlie>
>To: Bunki Kramer <>
>Subject: Re: my repousse question revisited....
>Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 20:20:36 -0500
>Bunki Kramer wrote:
>> I was also asking for some new ideas to use with repousse ...
>I saw an idea at a recent k-12 art exhibit in my district that
maybe you
>can spin off of. It was a 5th grader's copper repoussť of an
>scene - fish, seaweed, coral - but everything was cropped. The
>was mounted on black mat board with about a 2-inch border. Then the
>design tooled into the copper was extended onto the black mat board
>prismacolors. Somehow the copper was also colored (perm. markers
>using similar colors to the prismas. It was quit striking.
>Linda in Michigan

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit