RE: my repousse question revisited....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fields, Linda (fieldsl.us)
Thu, 6 May 1999 10:07:37 -0400

When my craft class did this, we coated the finished pieces with India ink,
let it dry, then buffed off the high points with very fine steel wool-it
gave an "antiqued" look. Linda in NC

----------
From: Sharon Hause
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 1999 10:44 AM
To: lindacharlie; bkramer.us
Cc: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: my repousse question revisited....

You can color metal by using sharpie permanent markers. Dark values

can be optained by coloring directly with the marker. Softer, or
lighter color value is optained by gently rubbing the area with a
tissue immediately after coloring, while the marker is still wet.
You
can only do a small section at a time since the marker dries
quickly.
Students can also mix and blend colors by overlapping two color and
blending with tissue.