Re: Recycling clay

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharon Hause (smhause)
Wed, 05 May 1999 19:09:34 PDT

All clay goes into large plastic buckets from the kitchen. I continually
add water to reconstitute. Art Survey students, who are new to our dept.(we
have too many to make a mess) and wheel work can take clay from the new
boxes. All advanced students, Art II 3-D, Ceramics III and IV must
reconstitute clay. Whenever we make plaster, we pour a new bat. This way
the students can spoon the wet clay onto a plaster bat and work it out until
manageable for handbuilts. They really don't like it, but we find that they
don't waste any or leave their clay out since it does take work to prepare
it for their projects.