Re: Paper making

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharon Hause (smhause)
Mon, 03 May 1999 16:40:04 PDT

A good way to help clean up the room, is to tear all paper scraps, cut
smmall pieces of yarn, string, etc. into bits. I teach a recycled art
classs in the summer so it's a great way to rid of the old into something
new. Anyway, I purchases several blenders from St. Vincent DePaul, cut
some old window screens into squares, and asked the kitchen to save some of
the larger tin cans. Run various types of colors in to the blender. Lots
of water, little pieces into pulp. In one can open both ends. The other
can open one end. Place the screen inbetween to pour the pulp though. It
mames great circular paper pieces. You can make patchwork, pieces, mold
them into various molds, place around the outside of plastic bowls for
shapes, makes masks, etc. Place buckets underneath to catch the water. do
not allow any pulp down the sink. It's like cement. I have even used dryer
lint to add texture (many think this is unsanitary and gross) coffee
grounds, glitter, plants, flowers, etc to the pulp for interested effects.