Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
I had the opportunity to live in Italy for half a year during my senior
year in college. I attended Studio Art Center International in Florence.
I hope you plan on spending some time there, because the sites are
In Florence, I'd recommend you go to the following locations (ranked in
order of importance)
1) Uffizi Gallery ( http://www.televisual.it/uffizi/ )
2) Casa Buonarotti (Michelangelo's home and museum)
3) The Accademia (houses the famous David statue by Michelangelo)
4) The Bargello (houses works by Michelangelo, Donatello
5) Orsanmichele (both inside and outside, view famous sculpture)
6) Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (You can see the tombs of Michelangelo and
other famous people. Ask to see the "grafitti di Michelangelo" and they
will let you down a secret room in the basement where you can view his
charcoal drawings that he made while hiding out. On the outside, view
Giotto's tower and Leonardo's scuplture on the baptistry. Don't miss the
"gates of paradise" that were done in gold by Ghiberti on the baptistry)
7) Palazza Vecchio (also the piazza outside the museum. Has a copy of
David and other famous works. The walls contain famous paintings.
Supposedly Michelangelo and DaVinci had their famous painting contest on
the walls but DaVinci's painting was ruined when his paints ran )
8) All the major churches to see architecture and art by Brunelleschi,
Alberti, etc. etc.
You may find details on all the museums of Florence by going to:
If you make reservations at least two weeks in advance with the Uffizzi,
you may personally hold drawings by Leonardo in rooms above the Ponte
E-mail directly for more detailed information.
Eliza Vagni said.......
>I intend to go to Rome, Venice, Milan, and Florence. Can anyone tell
>some of the specific sights to be sure not to miss?
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii;
Content-Description: Card for Ken Rohrer
adr:;;308 Whispering Pines Dr.;Martinsville;IN;46151;USA