Re: middle school lesson plans

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
The Cheevers (lazydog)
Sat, 1 May 1999 20:38:54 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Ellyn Wenk <ellyn>
To: Hawkholt <Hawkholt>
Cc: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Saturday, May 01, 1999 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: middle school lesson plans

>Hawkholt wrote:
>
>> Hi, I....
>> wonder if any of you have really wonderful plans you like to
>> use at the end
>> of school >> Thanks. Genie Holt, Tucson

Ellyn replied-
>I found that they absolutely love jokes, even stupid knock knock
>jokes!! They actually laugh at them. So I give them each a joke
>and a lesson on comic strip art and throw in discussion on
>careers in cartoon drawing....

Lisa in VA adds
I teach my 7th graders color theory with Roy Lichenstein as a reference and
have them make one "cartoony" poster using analagous, complimentary, primary
or secondary colors. They need to know what theory they are applying- As
Ellyn said- they love cartoons and this adds another dimension they don't
even rea;lize they are Learning.