Re: Humor in art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Sat, 01 May 1999 11:04:19 -0500

--------------29B0453B17A3226B0AD749E9

Speaking of parodies of famous art, I picked up a Loony Toons calendar
that had some parodies. For example it a picture of Taz in a Jackson
Pollock picture, Daffy Duck as Michelangelo's David, Bugs Bunny in
Seurat's Sunday in the Park. The kids really get a kick out of them
and it makes certain pieces of art even more memorable for them because
they are relating it to something at their level. And they are just
plain humorous.
So maybe you could tie in cartoons to famous pieces for a humor in art
assignment. You've got my wheels turning.
MaryB