[Fwd: substitute lesson plans]

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Chester Windsor (SKOOLMA)
Mon, 01 Jun 1998 00:56:43 -0700

--------------20656725EF8

Reatha,

I fully agree with you on all counts!!

I have been substituting for 8 years(except this semester I went back to
school, finally) and I think I have seen it all, and been in every
situation possible, including having my life threatened and my car
scratched! That's right!!

Every school seems to have both inefficient and efficient substitute,
just as there are teachers that are very prepared and organized and
those that are the opposite. I've worked for both kinds too!

I work for only one school district, usually 2 schools, and it is a good
feeling to be requested for all types of assignments and know that
teacher's appreciate the work you did in their absence and they can go
about their business without worrying which substitute is going to be in
his/her classroom, whether they can handle the lesson, control the
students, etc...

When I have been in situations where the teacher did not leave a lesson
plan, the students are more than happy to help out and tell you what
they have been doing, (as you said) and usually one or two teachers near
by keep good communication with each other and exchange lesson plan
folders(for emergency absences) to have ready in case substitute or
whoever cannot find in classroom. I'm not shy, so I ask teacher mext
door/across hall, whatever it takes.

So, like you said, Reatha, when you do get hold of a good substitute,
keep them happy by being organized and helpful.

I also try to get in touch with teacher a day before to discuss lesson
plans if I know in advance who I'll be working for.

Good luck to all of you teachers, hope you find one you can trust,
because WE are out there!!

Bye, bye!

Rachel/SkoolMa

--------------20656725EF8