Re: brushes & paint......

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Sun, 31 May 1998 10:34:37 -0700

>What brand and style of good quality brushes did you buy? How much did they
>cost?
>
>Thanks,
>Denise J.

Hi, Denise....I was sure hoping no one would ask me about what brushes I
bought! I got my favorites several yrs. ago and I tried to find my source
again last year. They don't make these particular ones anymore...or at
least, I can't find them. I don't even remember from what company I got
'em. I wish now I had saved the paperwork on this. They cost approx. about
$4-5 each 5 yrs. ago which means they would cost more now. It would blow
your mind to know how many thousands of people have used this set and 1/2
of brushes many, many times.

I can give you the cost of the "flats" I bought last year and the
watercolor brushes I got this year but all the info is at school at the
moment. I'll try to find it this week and get back to you. If I forget,
give me a buzz.

Unfortunately, that's all the info I can give you at the moment. We have an
Amsterdam Art warehouse in San Francisco which has a big sale each year and
I've picked up some great guality items (like brushes) there. It's neat
because I can "talk 'em down" in price...it's like a flea market. Many
people don't know that you can get a cheaper price by having a friendly
conversation with a sales manager at these kinds of sales. You don't know
if you don't ask!

Sometimes you can also find arts/crafts stores having a big 1/2 off sale
once a yr. That's another great source and you can actually see what you're
buying. I'm lucky I can buy supplies all year long and I can make use of
these sales whenever they pop up. NASCO is also having a big sale this
weekend at their warehouse in Modesto, CA.

Best advice I can offer is to keep your eyes and ears open...and make sure
you're on every mailing list with respect to art supplies. Cya.......

Bunki Kramer
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Rd.
Danville, California 94526