Re: Colored Glue

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Roy Liebergen (rllieber)
Sat, 30 May 1998 17:33:23 -0500

croberts wrote:

> This idea was given to me by someone on our list, but I don't know
> who....but they suggested taking the "insides" out of dried-up colored water
> based markers and putting in the bottle of glue.
>
> I haven't tried it yet...but as I'm doing my "end of year cleaning" and
> throwing out markers, I plan to do this with my left-over bottles of glue.
> The idea sounds good to me!!!
>
> Carolyn Roberts
> E. B. Frink Middle School
> Kinston, NC

I do this and I suggested it to Carolyn. I have tried adding other
things to my glue and it always smells bad. This method gives nice
colors and doesn't stink and they keep well. I have some black that I
made using this method several years ago and it is still usable. I
bought colored glue and it was so thick we couldn't get it out of the
bottle. I contacted the company and they wouldn't stand behind it so I
ended up throwing it away and losing my valuable budget money as well.
Carol