Re: Jacob Lawrence Curriculum and Work

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ttipton.tz
Sat, 30 May 1998 08:20:57 +0300

I'm just getting to these old posts and haven't seen anyone mention
that the Seattle Art Museum has Jacob Lawrence slides in a teaching
curriculum package for sale, along with several books that have been
published with his work that are available for purchase from the
Education Department. I'm sure they must have a web page by now.
Jacob Lawrence is currently residing as one of our living treasure in
Seattle, Washington.

Regards,
Teresa Tipton

Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 12:55:49 -0500
From: John & Sandra Barrick <astroboy>
To: Phil Haitz <pxh135>
Cc: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: Jacob Lawrence works

I use to work in Art supplies for a number of years also worked with
color copiers.I think you are able to make slides from copy machines
because you can get color copies from slides. What about reducing the
picture on acopier and then printing it out on polyester film like you
can with copiers,to make overhead projectors sheets.Sometimes when I
can't find a slide I use an overhead and just have the picture on that.

If you are looking for that specific slide try the MET in Ny they sell
tons of slides.I had a number of a place we ordered our
art Slides from but I can't find it.Anybody else?
Sandra