Re: Fw: Latest Darwin Awards (fwd)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Mon, 25 May 1998 19:29:55 -0700

Lauretta A. Hendricks-Backus wrote:

> Just in case you havn't seen these-retta

My favorite of all time was the case in AZ around 15 years ago, I think
near Phoenix, when some yahoo went out in the desert with a shotgun and
started blasting away at the saguaros (as yahoos often do).

He blasted a particularly large, old one, and weakened it to the point
where it toppled over and BLAM! squashed him flat as a fritter. (Mature
saguaros weigh over a ton).

Mother Nature sure got hers...

Thanks for the weird humor, Retta. Much needed this last week!

Maggie