Re: printmaking

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cheryl Lane (lane_c)
Tue, 26 May 1998 20:58:09 -0700

Ann Carolan wrote:

> I'd like to know more about " Original Works Yours". Is it a book?
> ann carolan

"Original Works Yours" is a company out of New York where they turn your
students artwork into tee shirts, mouse pads, magnets, calenders, mugs,
well you get the idea! Its a great fundraiser but I was more excited
about offering this to my kids!!! I did it with the whole school (almost
1000 kids) and OWY provided the specially sized paper (8"x 10 1/2") We
just followed our curiculum and sent them off to OWY and they sent back
the kids work on a magnet... it is a see before you buy deal and if the
magnet doesnt get returned then the company writes it off and you still
lose nothing! It was a lot of work on my part but when I do it again Ill
get some parents to help. I earned about 1500.00 to use for school
supplies and whatever I need for my art department!!! so far Ive bought
some display boards for the cafeteria and am investing in real
printmaking equipment!!! The kids seem more excited about seeing their
artwork on a tee shirt than if it was displayed in a student show at the
Musuem of Art....:)
Ill get the address for you if anyone out there is interested!
sherry