Re: response to Reatha's thoughts.........

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mike Delaney (edelaney)
Mon, 25 May 1998 17:13:56 -0500

Along with not being taught in college about little things in the
classroom. This is the first year I have had to deal with violence and it
infiltrating into the classroom. How can professors think that they know
about these type of situations when we have been teaching and don't know
for sure how to deal with these situations. Our school went to an eight
block system a few years ago and this cut down on the fighting. This year
we are having more fights and students getting really hurt. This has been
the first time that students are telling others about bringing guns in the
classroom. Our students have changed so much in the last few years.
Disciline that used to work doesn't anymore. I must say though as my own
children get older and more the age of the students I teach that teaching
students gets easier for me. Teaching art though is a lot different.
Students talk about their feelings more I think during lab time. I get a
lot of that social talk too but all in all I am loving teaching high
school. I too am tired at this time of year. Enola from Indiana