Re: "Secret techniques" for great effects with paint needed

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Tue, 19 May 1998 16:31:17 -0700

Denise wrote:

> I'm looking for some "Secret techniques" for great effects with paint for
> some experimental work. I am hoping that some interesting ideas will come
> out of the group here.

Hi, Denise,

When I was doing a lot of painting, on very large canvases, I mixed
powdered pumice with colored cement powders (for tinting cement) and
then watered-down acrylic medium. This gave me great, earthy colors
which I would trowel on, allow to dry, and then scrape or sand down to
the lower layers for interesting textural and color effects. Wow, I
hadn't thought about this in years!

Maggie