Re: "Secret techniques" for great effects with paint needed

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ann Carolan (acarolan.us)
Tue, 19 May 1998 09:41:07 -0400

denise.au wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for some "Secret techniques" for great effects with paint for

Hi, back, try using cellophane on wet water color for interesting effects. And of
course, you know about salt on wet water color.

I'm looking forward to hearing other ideas out there. Anyone going to any cool
workshops in the midwest around Michigan? I'm looking for a good workshop in
impressionistic oils. I think though I have an idea. Try finding Pierre Bittar on
the internet. He occasionally give workshops and is an awesome impressionist. Also,
I suppose I ought to increase my skill in weaving and pottery. Any ideas for the
summer?
Thanks for being there. I really enjoy the mail. Sometimes I feel artists are a
lonesome bunch in schools. I teach during the hours others collaborate in "level"
meetings. Can't seem to get them to see how much art ideas would enhance their
interdisciplinary studies. They just do their own thing and never consult me except
to borrow paper and paint. Got any ideas to wake them up?
thanks \
ann C