Re: Craft Fairs

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jane Shiflett Manner (jmanner)
Sun, 17 May 1998 14:52:00 -0400

At 08:14 AM 5/15/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Can anyone please let me know about Craft Fairs in the US for the period
>August 98 to August 99...
>Tracey Collier in a chilly Durban, South Africa

Tracey, write the folks at the Atlanta Bureau of Cultural Affairs at the
address I've included. They will be able to connect you with the numerous
events that Atlanta has. Also ask them for information on contacting their
sister departments in Macon, Augusta, Savanah, Athens, and Rome (smaller
cities in Georgia which have festivals). Also ask for contacts at Emory
University, the Atlanta University complex, Georgia State University, and
the University of Georgia. There is a state organization which should be
able to give you condensed info, but I wasn't able to locate it just now.
I'll get back to you. How COOOOOL! I can't wait until you and your group
gets here!

Bureau of Cultural Affairs
675 Ponce de Leon Avenue, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30308
404-817-6983
404-817-6827 fax

"The Information Resource Center is Atlanta's most comprehensive arts
information facility, addressing the needs of the working arts
professional, visitors to Atlanta and the general public. To request
information or schedule an appointment, call 404-817-6983."

Atlanta area festivals, just off the top of my head:

Art Festival of Atlanta
Dogwood Festival
Sweet Auburn Festival
Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain
Powers' Crossing
Hiawassi Fall Festival

Be certain that someone checks out festivals in Florida for you. From
October until April that whole state is one crafts festival after another
and their patrons are relatively well-heeled retirees from across the
nation so sales should be good.

Tracey, this is just one screen from Yahoo under "Festivals". You may want
to try finding some things through the web:

"Travel: Getaways: Charleston, SC: Entertainment and Arts: Events: 1998
Spoleto Festival U.S.A4.1998 Spoleto Festival U.S.A - includes up-to-date
coverage of all festival events and performances. May 22-June 7,
1998.Entertainment and Arts: Events5.Atlanta Dogwood Festival - annual
festival to celebrate and perpetuate the pride, culture, personality and
beauty of greater Atlanta. April 3-5, 1998."

Tell Leigh I'm impressed with her achievements in art and that as soon as
the end of the year exhibitions and tests and awards banquets and...are
over I'll send her some of my students' essays.

Jane in Georgia's sunny 80s of May