Re: Project and Mona web page.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jane Shiflett Manner (jmanner)
Sat, 16 May 1998 08:58:32 -0400

At 10:40 PM 5/15/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I thought it was you. Are you still having some challenges with getting
>full access with your kids with physical challenges...>
_ Melissa Enderle

Yep, I'm here with the end of the year exhaustion. Kate, the student you
helped me with now has her equipment at school and at home. We've had to
rely more on the community than on the services that should help, but
things are in place. This weekend the husband of the newspaper reporter
who has helped so much volunteered to get the remaining "bugs" out of her
computer set up at home.

It's not the adaptive equipment I am asking for help with now. It's
suggestions of what instruction techniques, etc. I should employ. This is
all very new to me. I haven't taught very young children--ever. It's been
30 years since my own children were small. I've tried things with the
student I've had this semester that worked when I did "artist-in-residence"
at an elementary school 10 years ago. I can't understand why some thing
work well and others that should don't.

Jane