Re: Computer Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
croberts (b2w6w4kn)
Fri, 15 May 1998 18:30:29 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: gjmoore <gjmoore>
>Now...I'm begging for a little help. I have to write 3 lesson plans using
>the computer and teach them to my classes. I will have to do these with
>our 5th grade Laptop Class where each child has his/her own computer.
>Their teacher has not taught a lesson using the Paint program so I will be
>introducing something new to them. I only have two ideas so far...
>
>1) Have the students create two designs...one for wall paper and the other
>for a tablecloth. Then do a collage by gluing them on a surface and use
>construction paper to do a vase of flowers or bowl of fruit.
>2) I could do a short lesson on Piet Mondrian and have the students create
>a simiilar work on the computer using primary colors.
>
>Can you tell I'm grasping at straws? I will be presenting these lesson
>plans and the results to other teachers (some of whom think art to be
>unnecessary) which adds a little pressure. I would appreciate any ideas or
>tips.
>
>Glenda

Glenda, I teach lessons using Paint that comes with Windows, not only to my
students, but also through a workshop for the teachers in our county system.
Even though I teach middle school, my sister teaches elementary art and has
used some of these ideas in her classes.

I have several ideas...and can send these to you as attachments, if
you wish.

Carolyn Roberts
E. B. Frink Middle School
Kinston, NC