Re: Computer Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
court
Sat, 16 May 1998 04:31:57 +0800

Glenda:

I've been in a similar boat before when I had to justify that significance
of art to such kinds of people. But it is really difficulty to bridge that
gap if you don't level with them in the so-called logical and rational
manner. So, I guess it calls for a certain order or heirarchy, if you can
call it that way.

To make the computer art lesson seem more organized and functional to the
other teachers (who think art to be unnecessary), maybe you can try the
elements of design approach. Begin with compositions using points(zero
dimension), then inject something about pointilism. Then, go on to lines
(one dimension) and line compositions with which you can introduce
Mondrian. Follow that up with primary shapes (two dimensional) and you can
talk about cubism. Then, conclude with irregular geometric forms, like
polygons and biomorphic shapes.

Probably, you can fill in the missing pieces. Tell me if you need further
explanation, I'd be glad to help.

:) :) :) Courtney