Re: About Printing with Linoleum?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
court
Wed, 13 May 1998 19:01:36 +0800

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 01:06:41 +0800
To: Tiffany David <tdavid>
From: court.net
Subject: Re: About Printing with Linoleum?

You can probably allow the kids to do activities with the linoleum blocks
and chisels, as long as your students are aware of the proper cutting
techniques and safety measures. You can make them practice cutting by
doing first it on chip board before linoleum. Chip boards are thinner,
layered and less expensive.

As for some safety tips, you can probably give these to your kids:

(1) Draw your cutting patterns before cutting. This will minimize waste
and will avoid making unnecessary cuts.

(2) When creating your patterns, score the cutting line first before
making the final cut. (To score means to scratch the surface of the
material--applying a light pressure on the knife)

(3) It is better to cut with several smooth slicing motions than with one
sawing motion.

I hope this will help.

Courtney