Re: About Printing with Linoleum?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger and Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Mon, 11 May 1998 17:48:08 -0400

Tiffany,
I tried using linoleum with elementary school children a number of years
ago and there were some problems with the children cutting themselves with
the knives.

The older elementary age students did well with the e-z cut material. No
cutting of fingers. I was working at a private school that had class sizes
that were between 15-18 students though. The small class size made it
possible to do alot of learning activities which would be more difficult to
accomplish with a class size of 32.

Poly print was a great substitute because they didn't use the knives but
could still get a "good" print.

Numo Jaeger
Studio One Art Center
Oakland CA