Re: early finishers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jane Shiflett Manner (jmanner)
Sun, 10 May 1998 11:01:04 -0400

At 12:26 AM 5/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I've been teaching highschool art for only about 2 years and
>still struggle with keeping early finishers busy... Also, I've tried looking
>on the web, but really haven't found any good links. Any suggestions?
>Thanks!
>
>Peter Chen
>Art Department
>El Camino Real High School

By following links offered on this service, I have found many sites which
interest my students and most offer more links.

Here's are favorites:

"Eyes on Art"......http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/art/art.html

Gardner's "Gateway to Art History"...http://www.harbrace.com/art/gardner/

Getty's Sandy Skoglund
stuff...http://www.artsednet.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/resources/Skoglund/index.html

Alphabetized listing of artists with images, info, and
links...http://sunsite.unc.edu/cjackson/index.html

A wonderful source for you to find out more about what other art teachers
know is the ArtsEdNet Talk Archive. Start back in '95 and work your way to
the present as you can. There is a wealth of information, some humor, and
links.../education/teacherartexchange/archive/index.html#archive.

Jane from Georgia