Re: lesson plans

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Ferlenda (ferlenda.ny.us)
Mon, 4 May 1998 13:01:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I am new to artsednet and this is one of the first messages that I have
received. I am just finishing a lesson on Georgia O'keefe and Modernism.
I teach at the high school level with mostly 9th graders in a med. size
city school.The way I set up the project was after a short intro. the
students found a photo from a magizine to work from, the photos had to
be from nature(you can use real flowers or silk but we don't have the $)
The students then made a view
finder to help enlarge and abstract the image. The student then sketched
the image and completed the piece using pastels.There are many ways to
adapt this very basic lesson but the use of a view finder helps with
composition and set up of the whole page. I don't know if this helped? Any
questions just ask.