Re: DBAE and Dewey

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
freckles spots (freckles_spot)
Fri, 01 May 1998 14:35:28 PDT

Hi Brenda...

I don't know if this will help, but I have been involved for the past 5
years with a program in Tulsa, Oklahoma called Harwelden. It is
sponsored thru the Arts and Humanities Council in Tulsa and is based on
the Lincoln Center for Arts. I have been a student, associate teacher,
and am going to be a teacher this year.

Please email me with any questions if you think I could help.
Thanks
Judy
>From Oklahoma....where the wind comes sweeping down the plains....full
of pollen....ahhhhh chooooooooo

>From: ARTYBRENDA <ARTYBRENDA>
>Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 16:17:37 EDT
>To: Artsednet.edu
>Subject: DBAE and Dewey
>
>Hi eveyone,
>
>I am currently doing a research paper in my Development of ed. course
and my
>topic was to see some the relationships the philosopher John Dewey (an
the
>Progressive school movement) Has to DBAE. I have read Art As
Experience. His
>ideas are wonderful but I just can't seem to bring them down to earth.
I've
>just been made aware of the Lincoln Center Institute that provides
teacher
>education with regard to some of the philosophies. If any of you have
>participated in any of theses workshops over the past few years - some
coments
>on those EXPERIENCES (a Dewey word) would be most helpful. Any other
insights
>-how one might use his theories in a practical classrom setting would
be
>helpful I've done some research already, I have some of the Getty
Publications
>on DBAE but I haven't actually had any experience teaching DBAE yet as
I'm
>just learning the philosophies. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
My