Re: The passing of Linda Mc Cartney

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Geneva Jewell Martin Ballard (gballard)
Fri, 1 May 1998 14:10:43 -0500 (EST)

Betti,
It is now May 1, and I am getting caught up on my e-mail. I just
wanted you and others on this listserv to know how
inspiring your post of April 20 is. I am a breast cancer survivor
myself; I had a mastectomy in 1995. This and other viable subjects need
to be addressed through art. What better way to confront issues and
express concern? I am sure most of sympathize with Paul or any other
human who grieves over a lost loved one.

Betti, I would love to see your art. I enjoyed the NAEA convention
extremely; my
one disappoint was that the session on the artist and breast cancer
survivor whose art deals with the disease was replaced by something else.
I just hope she is ok.

Hey, what about Frida Kahlo? Do we deny or negate her art because most of
it deals with her illnesses?

Besides, photography is an art, and Linda was a good photographer--AN
ARTIST!

I have been reading and enjoying the this listserv for about a year now.
Thank you for all of the wonderful ideas, everyone.