Re: Art criticism and DBAE

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Robert Beeching (robprod)
Sat, 31 May 1997 13:45:22 -0700

>Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 13:33:58 -0700
>To: ktwnldy.az.us
>From: Robert Beeching <robprod>
>Subject: Re: Art criticism and DBAE
>
> Of course "looking at art" is an important observation skill; always
open to interpretation; it is putting the cart before the horse (in many
instances) where students have had too little or no training in the
process/skill development of DRAWING, PAINTING, and CONSTRUCTION;
appreciation is born of experience; one cannot adequately evaluate a
process without, FIRST, experiencing IT!
> If one cannot "draw", one's "brush techniques" and "paintings" cannot
improve. If one cannot "construct" one's "objects" tend to fall apart!
> Throughout history, the artist learned to draw well before advancing to
painting, construction, and criticism!