Re: Democracy and gangs

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lorena Nalin (nalin)
Sat, 31 May 1997 09:10:40 -0700 (MST)

Those who become involved with gangs thrive on the violence and
intimidation for power. Their perception of how the world operates is very
different from mine. The ideas of giving "chances to change" is regarded
as being afraid of the individual and a weakness to be exploited. The
terminology for these individuals is Predator, which accounts for the
senseless, random act of violence and terrorism.

I think if we were dealing with a "normal" (whatever that might be)
morality then democracy comes into play, but when those we deal with play
with two or more set of rule then there is trouble.

Lorena Nalin
Tucson