Re: Sketchbooks/Visual Journals

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rita Glass (rglass.ne.us)
Thu, 29 May 1997 07:42:47 -0500 (CDT)

Here at McMillan Magnet School...we have been using sketchbooks since
forever.....different than journals......the the students are given 9
required drawings and one optional...to be completed during the 9 weeks
of the quarter....this is to be done outside of class time and also fills
the parents requests for homework in art......some are nature drawings
some are art history related..some are cartoon...some fantasy..some
portrait...a variety and the different grades get different requirements
and each quarter is different....the sketch book is a natural extension
of the artists learning/observing process....also they are given layout
ideas to design a cover which reflects commercial/layout/lettering
techniques....unlimited possibilities......journal is a different
idea...Rita in Omaha