Re: DBAE and elements and principles

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Walkup (walkup)
Wed, 28 May 1997 08:15:26 CST6CDT

Daer Ellyn:

The Getty videos are called "Art Education in Action" and have
proved very useful for us for teacher inservices. You can
purchase the entire set of five tapes (ten 30 minute lessons)
for $65.00. The videos are also available individually for
$15.00 each. More information can be found about them on
ArtsEdNet or you can call (800)223-3431. The videos present a
sampler of DBAE art lessons as developed and taught by teachers
in their own classroom.

Nancy

> Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 20:52:47 +0000
> From: Ellyn Wenk <ellyn>
> To: ARTSEDNET
> Subject: Re: DBAE and elements and principles

> DGO9
> I feel the same way that you do about learning. Art is
> endless, and can hold our interest forever. I always feel
> sorry for the poor teachers who have to teach the same unit
> year after year, like multiplication, subtraction, how to
> make capitol letters and things such as that. Although new
> ways to teach come up for those concepts usually the proven
> way seems to work. Art concepts on the other hand seem to
> adapt to the limitless ways to teach them.
>
> How much did the Getty tapes cost? Now that you may have
> viewed them are they good??
> Ellyn

Nancy Walkup, Project Coordinator
PO Box 5098, University of North Texas