Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
My last week of school just ended. I had an advanced art class of 23
students. 20 of them were seniors. They finished school 1 week earlier
than everyone else. Needless to say we had one week with 3 students
left in a class. All Junior girls.
The three girls made marbled paper. We used a 9X13" baking pan half
full of water. About 1 cup of borax was added and stirred. We used
drawing inks in various colors and dropped them on the surface of the
water solution. A comb stirred the surface. GENTLY. We placed paper on
to and pulled off marbled sheets. They were beautiful!!!!
The three girls created journals by covering scraps of cardboard with
the papers. Inside 2 covered boards they placed about 20 sheets of
paper and used an ice pick and embroidry flosses to stitch the books.
Calligraphy decorated the covers.
I completed a project with third graders once where we placed tempra,
liquid soap and water in a bowl. Students blew into the solutio with a
straw. Paper was placed on top of the bubbles. We then had very nice
bubble prints. It was fun but messy!!!!