Re: Hyperstudio Examples

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Margaret Grosspietsch (Margaret.M.Grosspietsch-1)
Wed, 21 May 97 20:19:03 -0500

Hi Alison,
I don't have file examples for you, but I can outline a Hyperstudio project my
class did while I was student teaching. (Silly me, I didn't keep any copies of
their presentations for my portfolio!)

I had 7th graders pair up and research an area of art history or the art of
different cultural groups. The research was done via internet as well as books
and art history texts. (I was student teaching at a school where DBAE hasn't
fully taken hold: art history is taught there as a separate unit.)

Anyway, with the images downloaded from various websites and the information
gleaned from books, etc., each pair put together a Hyperstudio presentation for
their "art history area of expertise." These students presented the info to the
entire class (LCD panel), essentially teaching the unit to each other. The class
then took a test on all areas studied... the project was designed with that
interdependence in mind. I only had a week, so I thought it better that they
learn at least one area in depth while being exposed to more. Their
self-evaluation form included a question about what other art movement or
cultural group would they study in depth and why, based on all the presentations
they saw.

Hope this is what you're looking for!
Margaret Grosspietsch