Re: WHAT IS ART (the Concise version)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
henry (taylorh)
Mon, 19 May 1997 09:42:54 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Annie wrote:

> My name is Annie and I have Two questions about Art.
> 1. Why do we need to learn Art?
> 2. What is the substitution for Art?

Forget the "we". Ask why Annie needs to learn art. You gotta figure out
an answer for just YOU.

First, imagine all the things that are important to art. Next, imagine the
world without any things like that or a world where they are only used
when they absolutely had to be, when it would be an emergency NOT to use
them. Now, imagine a world without anything special forever.

If I gave you the choice, which world would you chose to live in forever?

Why?

That's your answer.

-henry