RE: Charging for art classes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
DEBBI CRANE (craned)
Fri, 16 May 1997 20:42:37 -0500

Twelve dollars an hour per child plus materials on an individual basis =
is a rate I have used. For a class setting maybe a little less would be =
appropriate per child per hour. Some teachers also cut deals for =
families with two children participating, such as ten dollars a class =
for one child or 17.50 for two. You might check with the boys and girls =
clubs in your area or the Y for common rates in art classes, but =
remember, since you are an art professional, they will be getting =
top-notch art instruction from you and quality ain't cheap.

debbi

----------
From: Carolyn Roberts[SMTP:b2w6w4kn]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 1997 11:02 PM
To: artsednet
Subject: Charging for art classes

Frequently I am asked about teaching drawing/painting to children in
small classes after school and during the summer. Also, I have been
asked to teach children on an individual basis. So far, I have not done
this, because I'm not really sure what would be fair to charge.

If there is anyone out there who has done this, I would appreciate any
advice you could offer.

Carolyn R.