Re: FOIL STAMPING TRAVELING EXHIBITION

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa Tipton (ttipton.wa.us)
Sat, 17 May 1997 09:56:51 -0700 (PDT)

Last April I sent information on hot foil stamping offered at the
University of Iowa printmaking department to this listserve. I recommend
you look it up on the artsednet search function so I don't have to repeat
it in its entirety. The process has been adapted from commercial use to
fine arts use with equipment designed/specified by Virginia Myers of the
University of Iowa's printmaking department. She has a manual she has
written on its use and offers workshops during the summer and school year
for interested parties. Please contact her there for more information
about their traveling exhibition of student/faculty work. I found that it
was like using thin sheets of friendly plastic to make designs.

Teresa Tipton

On Fri, 16 May 1997 sopheap wrote:

> Hi my name is John and I am doing an apprenticeship for printing
> and i would like to know as much information on hot foil
> stamping and embossing as possible because i need to talk
> about it in part of my assesment.
> some questions are
> What is hot foil stamping?
> Why is it used?
> What are the advantages and disadvantages?
> How is it used?
> and any other info you could collect for me
>
> Please if you could send me this info before the 17.5.97
> it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you

  • Reply: Michele Gorse: "Art Teaching"