RE: website development

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Shelly Casto (castos.edu)
Fri, 16 May 1997 11:13:34 -0400

I am an educator at the New Britain Museum of American Art in New =
Britain, CT. We are currently working on developing a website, and in =
the process have completed some research that may be of help. As far as =
your questions are concerned, we are a small museum with only seven =
professional staff members, so we are all sharing the responsibilities =
for developing the site as a group. Hopefully, the committee process =
will give us good results!

You are probably already aware of this resource, but just in case: In =
March there was a wonderful conference on the topic of Museums and the =
Web in Los Angeles, sponsored by Archives and Museum Informatics out of =
Pittsburgh. Museum professionals from all over the globe shared =
information on the issues particular to museums when approaching =
internet technology. Many of the papers from this conference are listed =
on the AMI website: http://www.archimuse.com. There are also links to =
other sites that might be helpful to your research. It's a wealth of =
information!

I would like to thank Annie Blood-Pattersons who made some very helpful =
comments regarding museum websites the other day. We'd love to get more =
comments on good and bad sites out there!
----------
From: lshaffer
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 1997 5:40 PM
To: ArtsEdNet
Subject: website development

I am conducting reseach on the website development process in art=20
museums. I am looking specifically for the answers to three=20
questions. =20

1. Where in your museum (which department) does the website development=20
process begin? =20

2. Which department is responsible for overseeing the website=20
development?=20

3. Which department determines the content of the website? =20

Any comments or respones to these question would be very helpful. =20
Thank you in advance.

Leslie Shaffer
lshaffer