Re: use of old english

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
henry (taylorh)
Wed, 14 May 1997 10:04:53 -0700 (MST)

I've wanted for some time now an electronic edition of the complete
Oxford English Dictionary which would spell check as well as check for
anachronistic language if given a date that you didn't
wish to go beyond.

I hear that the OED does have a beta site up somewhere on the web and is
working out the bugs on some search routines. My informant thought than
a check for anachronisms might be one of the qualities being installed. I
haven't verified it.

Grammatical Usage seems more difficult, but boy it would be fun to have
an elizabethan grammar checker!

-henry