Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
I would love to hear from arts educators and artists regarding the
questions below -- all of which will be the basis for my thesis. Thank
you for your time and interest!
Please e-mail responses to: kaplan3
Art Educators versus Artists who Teach
1. Please indicate your response to the following:
I consider myself an: Art Educator Artist
I make no distinction
2. What role did/do the arts (visual, musical, dramatic, dance,
play in your life as a child, adolescent, and as an adult?
3. What do you remember about arts classes as a child? What kind
feedback or response did you receive from your teachers, parents, and
friends regarding your creativity? Do you feel that creativity and
ability to “do” artwork go hand in hand?
4. When and how did you know that you wanted to pursue an artistic
and how did you go about pursuing it once you had made this decision?
5. Describe your most and least favored media and why you feel the
you do about them.
6. What goes through your mind as you watch students work and then
you view their final products? Do you assess their work? If so, how?
7. If you were asked to teach a group of children to perform or
as you yourself do, how would you go about it? Do you think that this
would be a valuable experience for the children and/or for you and why?
I do/do not give (please indicate) Catherine Kaplan my permission to
quote directly some or all of the information included in my responses.