re: arts (was Re: Sun as Art)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Becky Alexander (Bekalex)
Tue, 6 May 1997 22:46:59 -0700

Ckart wrote:

> This group always has such great ideas and individual resources. I
> purchased a calendar with some neat sun paintings (by Elly Simmons) and
> would like to do a project with it. What I'm looking for is information
> with other examples of the sun as art in other cultures. Does anyone have
> any suggestions?
>
> Cheryl

If this is an integrated project try reading "Arrow to the Sun" by Gerald
McDermott (Caldecott Winner re Pueblo Indians with stunning illustrations)
or "The Sun" a poem by Emily Dickenson.

Production: Try radial symmetry, perspective (close up suns, far away
suns), warm, cool colors, symbolism.

Actually this is such a broad topic that I can see Dr. Erikson developing a
cultural theme here. :)

Becky Alexander
Porterville, Ca.