Re: Questions Raised about Art Ed & Tech.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sandra L. Eckert (seart)
Fri, 10 May 1996 22:51:21 -0400

I agree with Gary, and with Henry. This forum has actually strengthened my
interactions with people I meet "face to face". I use the things I learn
here in my professional life. Our subjects come up in conversations
frequently, and to non-arts people mostly (which furthers MY causes)...I am
using information I gather here to write curriculum, to design a new art
room, and to augment daily lesson planning. I used some quotes found here
during my National Art Honor Society Induction last week (with full
credit...never fear!). My kids think it's cool that I can direct them to
web pages for research. So do I! And they give me some interesting sites
to visit. I do a lot of my social planning here, too, with people I
actually see in my daily life; I happen to prefer writing to speaking...I'm
a visual learner...
So I really do disagree with the idea that the internet, or even this forum
isolates me. My world EXPANDED last August when I went online. I'm glad
for this resource. Especially Artsednet.
Sandy